One of the first steps to helping people find your organization online is creating your Google My Business (GMB) profile. The best part is that It is free, and it will help your business appear in search results, provide potential customers with your organization’s details, AND it will make your business appear on Google maps. Here are the things you need to do to make sure people can find you through your Google My Business profile:
- Claim your profile with a Google email address.
- Setup each section of your GMB profile.
- Add your products and/or services.
- Include high-quality images and/or videos.
- Regularly post about your business (it is ideal to do this weekly).
- Get reviews and respond to each one.
- Extra tip: make sure to link your reviews to your website so you can send clients the link to leave you a review easily.
- Add and maintain accurate contact information (it is important to use a local phone number if your business is focused locally).
Setting up your GMB profile is one of the best ways to get started growing your business online, but it is a free way to connect your business and your website with Google for better rankings.
Let’s get your business more easily found online!